Is the CPWI making a difference?
- Local ordinances have been passed that reduce youth access and exposure to alcohol.
- Coalitions are working to raise awareness in their communities about the consequences of alcohol and other drug abuse.
- Students are learning how alcohol advertising can influence their decisions, and how to make healthy choices.
- Parents are learning skills to increase family bonding.
- There is more collaboration among school and community groups.
- Young people have more opportunities to be involved in positive activities.
- Students participating in the school-based program Project Success had a 37% decrease in binge drinking, a 44% decrease in marijuana use, and a 28% increase in passing their classes.